Monday, June 11, 2012

Hokkaido, Japan 2012

Japan has never been a place that I intended to visit in a very near future. The country has also been about Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka etc. Big cities with skyscrapers - just like what I would see in KL or Singapore. That's until I saw this documentary in a Singapore TV channel on travel. It was on Hokkaido, the northern most island in Japan. That's when I decided that I will make Hokkaido my next destination.

My itinerary in Hokkaido is as follows:

18 May 2012 - Depart at 11.30pm to Tokyo with MAS.

19 May 2012 - Arrive at Narita Airport after a 7 hours night flight. Took an ANA domestic flight from Narita to Sapporo. My first destination in Hokkaido.

20 May 2012 - Sapporo

21 May 2012 - Day trip to Otaru

22 May 2012 - Sapporo to Noboribetsu by bus.

23 May 2012 - Noboribetsu

24 May 2012 - Noboribetsu to Lake Toyako Onsen by JR train.

25 May 2012 - Lake Toyako Onsen to Hakodate by JR train.

26 May 2012 - Flight from Hakodate to Haneda. Walked round Shinjuku and Shibuya.

27 May 2012 - Flight back from Narita to KLIA.


This trip is slightly different from those I have been. It is more about food, nature and hot spring than historical buildings like in Europe or modern buildings in Seoul or London. And it was this that appeal to me. Overall it was an enjoyable trip. And I could go back for other parts of Hokkaido or perhaps in a different season.

No comments: