Monday, March 2, 2009

HRU Hunter's Challenge

1 March 2009 - HRU Hunter's Challenge

The first hunt of the year.

Every one in the treasure hunt fraternity could not have not heard of Hunters-R-Us. They are probably of the best team around. And they have decided to embark on a new challenge for themselves and the rest of the hunters. As the hunt got closer, one of their team maters was seriously ill and the intention of organizing the hunt has shifted to dedicated the hunt to that team member.

I would always want to hunt if it falls on a Sunday. When the hunt was announced, I tried to get my team to hunt, but unfortunately, 2 of them were unable to make. When it announced that the hunt would be for the benefit of the ill HRU team member, I got in contact with the organizer, whom 'match-make' me and my other team member with 2 of his colleagues to form a team. So for the second time, hunting with 2 strangers (the first being last year Sun Hunt).

I was not in my best mood that morning, and it affected my performance and probably the team. Surprisingly, we finished at position No.14 with 43 points - scoring 10 route question (30points), 2 treasures (10 points) and 1 3-Blind-Mice (3 points). I contributed 3 of the 10 route questions.

There are much discussion on the hunt by the 'Kutuk King' of the hunting community. I felt that he is really dissatisfied with the whole hunt - every single aspect of it.

BlogCe5nt of the HRU, whom the hunt was dedicated to has something to say in their blog. And I strongly believe Mr. Kutuk needs to open up his heart and mind and acknowledge that the hunt is theirs and it their perrogative to make it their way, either you love it or not.

Take a cue from Mr. Mike Pang:
Quote from Mike's Blog: "Now, every CoC is free to pitch their hunts in what ever way they like. They don’t have to follow a set formula. So having said all the above I don’t mean to say that HrU is wrong. I’m merely reviewing the 2 areas vis-a vis to their publically stated goals for this particular hunt. If moving forward HrU chooses to be known as a CoC with tough questions and tight timing, so be it. Nothing’s wrong with that."

Mr. Kutuk, move on, please.

The questions for the hunt and the explanations to the answers are in HRU blog and will not be repeated here.

No comments: