Monday, March 2, 2009

Movie 8 - The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

25 February 2009 - The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

The second Oscar nominated movie for Best Picture to watch.

Story line - Good
Directing - Good
Acting - Good
Make-up - Excellent

This is the first Brad Pitt starring movie I watched after Mr. & Mrs. Smith. He deserved his nomination for Best Actor. And I think he fully justified his Sexist Men alive tag in this movie. I am really a fan of him, but can't deny his appeal here.

Cate Blanchett did a great part as the dying woman in the hospital, telling her story to her daughter, and revealing to her daughter her real father. But of course, the make-up is excellent. If not for reading it somewhere, I would have thought the old lady was another person and not her.

It deserved the three Oscars won in Art Direction, Makeup and Visual Effects.

But then again, my complained is on the length. My butt felt numb at the end of the movie. It is too detailed that I felt pace was too slow.

Rating: 4/5

No comments: