Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Movie 12 - I Corrupt All Cops

30 May 2009 - I Corrupt All Cops


I am not a fan of the Hong Kong gangster movies. In fact, I loathe watching them. This was not my choice when buying ticket at TGV 1-utama (I was there for Terminator), but due to unavailability of other tickets, this seems to be the only choice.

Fortunately, was not too disappointed at the end.

What I liked about this movie?

Tony Leung Kar Fai and Anthony Wong acting. Little wonder that they were Best Actor winners.

The make-up on Alex Fong face after he was hammered by the police, as he was made a scapegoat. That make-up artist should get an award.

That 'woman' who used her body and charm to succeed in the underworld by aligning herself to the police, but still had the power of choosing whom she wants to bed with (She chose Eason Chan over Tony Leung, despite Leung position being higher than Chan). And along the line, fight herself to be the number 1 wife, despite being the number 9. The cat-fight scene in Eason Chan's apartment, amongs his wifes, was crude but classical.

Overall flow of the storyline is OK, although at the end the success of ICAC was fast-forwarded.

I would on most instances avoid a non-comedy Chinese movie, but this was an acceptable exception.

Rating: 3/5

No comments: