Thursday, November 6, 2008

On the Big Screen 1

The first movie that I watched since blogging is this one with quite a good review - Tropic Thunder.

Ben Stiller has never failed to amuse me ever since Meet The Parents. That is why I had big expectation of this guy. And with a relatively good review, I simply must watch this movie.

Last night (5/11/08), after a nice dinner at this newly opened (23/10/08) Chinese food outlet at the Gardens, I prepared myself for a good laugh and be amused. But, I was sadly disappointed. Disappointed with the overall storyline and Ben Stiller acting. In fact, I even find the first half or so to be boring.

Instead, I think the supporting roles such as Jack Black as Jeff "Fats" Portnoy, Tom Cruise as Les Grossman, Jay Baruchel as Kevin Sandusky- a young, unknown actor, Brandon T. Jackson as Alpa Chino - a rapper who is attempting to cross over into acting provide the saving grace for the movie.

My Rating - 2/5

No comments: