Thursday, November 27, 2008

New IT Gadget

15 November 2008 - After a long (a very long) hesitation, I finally decided to purchase a new computer. I went back to shop I went two weeks ago enquiring on the Machine and made a purchase.

This is the third computer which I bought since the first which was somewhere between 1990 and 1994. I really can't remember as that one was for my younger brother. It was a desktop using the DOS operating system. The second one, also a desktop, was purchased somewhere between 1997 and 1998 when I first discovered the Internet. (Can anyone calculate how outdated I was?) This operates with the Windows 98 operating system. I used it until 2006, when I brother gave me his Dell notebook. I have been using this until now.

So this the new gadget which I bought on this fateful night.


However, I only started using this Machine since Monday. This is the first blog entry done using the new Machine. 

Being familiar with Windows, Mac seems quite a hassle. Admittedly, slightly regret. After all, the reason I decided to change was the intention to have desktop with a bigger screen for me to watch movies. I could have easily bought any other brand with a big monitor. That would have been much cheaper. But money is spent, and I have to force myself to use. After five days of using, well got the hang of it and hopefully all is back to normal as far as using a computer is concerned. 

But there are much more to explore and experience in the new Machine.

Some facts about the Machine is here, and the figures are below:

iMac 20" - RM4199 (down RM100 when I first enquired)
Apple care protection for three years - RM599      
Total RM4798
12-months interest free installment plan

No comments: