Friday, November 14, 2008

On the big screen 2

12 November 2008 - It's Wednesday and movie nite.

It was a big rush for me as I have to rushed from the UMIC briefing to Mid-Valley for the movie. The briefing started 30 minutes late due to probably the jam which was probably due to the rain.

I have wanted to try the Tin Tai Fong fried rice and chicken soup. I was listening to the radio (I think it was on Monday about noon), when the chief chef of Tin Tai Fong was on air to introduce their restaurant and he specifically recommended the fried rice, soup and of course their signature dish - Siew Loong Pau. Though it was not the first time to the restaurant, but has never tried the rice and soup. Admittedly, the Pau is ok. Probably better than Dragon-I in Mid-valley. But due to the short time to screen time, will just have to postpone that to next Wednesday.

As someone who catches a movie once a week, it natural that the lastest Bond edition be in the line-up. The 22nd Bond movie - Quantum of Solace.

There was sort of big expectation for this movie. However, it ended with big disappointment as well. Daniel Craig as Bond and Olga Kurylenko as Bond girl are interesting to watch. The biggest disappointment is probably the villian. Not even near the Bond villian that we are known of. And I can't remember when does Bond started to have obsession to kill. He chased a guy around city just to have him killed. Senseless.

Love to see Daniel Craig as Bond again, but hopefully they will have a different production team.

My rating: 2/5

3 comments:

izzie said...

Finnally!... some one shares my disliking. The ramdom killing, the week villian the strange bond girl... what w dissapointment...
For the sake of disagreeing... I agree! LOL

Anonymous said...

Y dun u go on weekend instead waiting another week where u may drag by other matter?

Just my 2sen thought.

A man for all seasons, a man for all reason..

Anonymous said...

Hei, anonymous

I lost you. What are you trying to say.